PRIVACY NOTICE FOR USERS OF OUR WEBSITE AND FOR OUR BUSINESS CONTACTS
This website is operated by KSM Solutions GmbH, Alexanderstrasse 4, 2560 Berndorf, Austria (hereinafter “we” or “us”). This notice describes how we, as a controller under data protection law, process your data in connection with this website, or, if you are a business contact of ours, how we process your data in connection with our contact with you.
1. What data about you do we process?
If we request additional data from you on our website, you are under no obligation to provide such data. However, if you do not do this, it will not be possible for you to contact us via this channel.
If you are one of our business contacts, or an employee of one of our business contacts, we will process the following data in the course of our contact with you:
• name and/or job title;
• telephone number, fax number and other contact details required for modern means of communication (e.g. e-mail address);
• occupation, business sector and nature of business;
• correspondence, special agreements and key for data exchange;
• date of birth, and
• related business contact (in the case of employees of business contacts).
In most cases, we collect these personal data when you provide them in the course of communicating with us. In some cases, your personal data are supplied to us by third parties. Under no circumstances are you under any obligation to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide such data, business contact with us may be impaired or even prevented.
2. Purposes for which we process your data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• to make this website available to you, and to further improve and develop the website;
• to be able to answer your enquiries;
• to be able to produce usage statistics;
• to identify, prevent and investigate attacks on our website, and
• to maintain relationships with our contacts and position our Group in the public sphere.
3. Legal bases of data processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data in this way is our overriding legitimate interest in accordance with article 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), based on achieving the purposes stated above in section 2.
4. Transfer of your personal data
When necessary for the purposes set out above, we will transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
• IT service providers that we use
• our Group companies
• banking institutes in case of a business file
• lawyers and juridical institutes in case of requests
5. Retention periods
In principle, we store data that are automatically collected when you visit our website for a period of one year. Data are only retained beyond this period if necessary to investigate confirmed attacks on our website. We retain the data we process in the course of our business contact with you until you object to this, or for as long as we have a business relationship with you, or you are our contact person at our business contact. Beyond these periods, we will retain your data for as long as required according to statutory retention obligations, or for as long as the data may be required for the establishment of any legal claims before they expire.
6. Your rights in connection with your personal data
You have, among others, the rights (under the conditions set out in applicable law): (i) to check whether and what kind of personal data we hold about you and to request copies of such data; (ii) to request rectification, supplementation or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable law; (iii) to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data; (iv) in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data, or to withdraw consent previously granted for the processing; (v) to request data portability; (vi) to know the identities of third parties to whom your personal data are transferred, and (vii) to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.